Thank you for visiting my site. I am a registered Marriage and Family Therapist offering private practice services in the community of Barrie, Ontario.
While most of the time individuals and families are able to cope there are times when life’s challenges can feel overwhelming and that we do not have the capacity to deal with the situation as we would ideally like. I view my professional role as one of helping individuals, couple’s and families to find effective, healthy ways to cope with and grow from the challenges and adversities that life sometimes brings. Over my past fifteen years of clinical service, I have had the privilege of working with many individuals, couples, children, and families to find the approaches and solutions best suited to their needs. While the work itself and the goals we engage in together are often serious, I see use of positive humour as a great source of strength, energy, and an important tool for coping.
Areas that I specialize in are:
- Child and adult anxiety based issues
- Couple counselling
- Loss of trust in relationships
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder
- Depression and Bipolar disorder
- Childhood trauma and attachment
- Self-injury behaviours in children and adults
- Divorce and families in transition
- Newcomer issues and multi-cultural families
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Learning disabilities