Some Tools and Techniques Used in Treatment
Therapists have many tools and techniques that can be used according to the particular needs of the client. Here are some that Bev uses;
- Marriage Counselling/Therapy – emotionally focused, systemic, cognitive and experiential. May see couple together or individually as needed. Individuals may also work on their relationships without their partners if necessary.
- Family Therapy – emotionally focused, systemic, cognitive and experiential. May see family members in any combination that is seen to be most appropriate and available. Individuals may also work on family relationships on their own.
- Family of Origin Therapy
- Extended Family Therapy – Adult family members may wish to repair their relationships later in life. Sometimes major events in extended families create instability, or a need to improve existing relationships, e.g. an elderly infirm parent, a death, a family business.
- Grief Therapy – Special issues pertaining to grief can lead to depression, instability and connection with unfinished issues from the person’s past.
- Addiction Therapy
- Brief Solution-Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Role Play
- Sandtray Therapy
Sophie (the pup) is not usually part of therapy.
Serving the Communities of Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Toronto, North York, Markham, Maple, Woodbridge, Barrie, Newmarket, Vaughan, Durham Region, and wherever individuals, couples and families need help.